22 Aug 2006

Shipping from U.S.A

How annoying is it when you find an item you really want but it's located in the U.S.A and the retailer won't ship internationally. You will find that some US Ebayers won't ship internationally either.

There is a way to overcome this. Access USA (www.myus.com) is a USA package and mail forwarding service that will ship items to you anywhere in the world. Access USA provides you with a genuine US street address that is unique to you. This is not a Post Office Box! This is your own street address that US retailers will accept as a valid shipping destination.

They also consolidate all your purchases and other mail into one shipment. This saves you the international shipping costs of having each package sent individually.

If you don't have a US credit card they will also purchase from US retailers on your behalf with their company credit card, cheque or PayPal account.

Access USA offers the ability to track your parcels and view your shipping invoices online and receive a notification email when parcels arrive for you.

But what about the costs involved I hear you say!
Using U.S.A to Australia as an example (you can choose your destination country online), the parcel fees by Express are as follows:
  1. 1 time setup fee is $35.00 US
  2. $132.00 US annual membership fee
  3. Each 100g over 1kg is $1.25 US per gram (minimum 600g)
  4. $8.00 US for a commercial invoice

You could consider going halves with someone else to save on the above costs.

If you are purchasing from the US for re-sale don't forget to take into account what Access USA will charge you for forwarding the package. The item may not be a bargain after all.

Like this post? Receive regular updates by entering your email address in the top right hand corner of my Blogspot.

4 Comments:

Unknown said...

Bongo International Mail Forwarding services are another alternative to Access. They don't have as many fees.

Anonymous said...

I'm new to selling and have a perfect buyers record with e-bay. someone told me about auctiva (besides seeing the scroll on some sales) I registered with the company and need further instructions on what to do next (they told me to go back to e-bay and go on "MYACCOUNT" and get an e-bay token, never happened even asked live help who never heard of it. e-mails to auctiva have gone unanswered so I can't get help and the main question after reading other blogs it does not sound free to me.

Unknown said...

auctiva will not send me return e-mails. I have signed up with them and left e-mails for instructions on what I have to do next and for the address to put in my address book and the have not answered on e-mail I have sent and I already sent 3 of them I guess there not interested because they won't even answer a question when you call them they tee\ll you to e-mail, alot of good that does. it baffles me that a company that big does not have a contact number, but then again neither does e-bay but at least they have live help that most of the times does not know the answer either.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely agree that its quite frustrating not being able to buy stuff from US retailers. However, international buyers have come a long way...don't you think?! I thought Myus was too expensive when it came to the one tie set up fee. I have been using a co for past sometime called Shipito. There are many things I like about doing business with them and one being they are cheap, cheap cheap! Totally makes it worth buying those not so expensive US goods :) Happy shopping!