28 July 2006

Paypal Get Rich Quick Scheme

Can someone tell me how FIVE listings of an "Ebay Money Making Machine that makes up to $100.00 every 20 minutes" can be listed on Ebay Pulse as the most watched item on Ebay Australia? I find this extraordinary and am suspicious that the seller/s of these products (which are basically pyramind style Paypal programs) are advising their buyers to add the product to their Ebay "watch list" which in turn gives the product high exposure on Ebay. This manipulates the Pulse system and Australian Ebayers into thinking the product must be a worthwhile purchase as so many people are watching it. These products are always BUY IT NOW. If a product is listed on Pulse, why would it be watched by so many people instead of just being purchased immediately??

It got me thinking about how I can promote the Ebay Fast Track Series 4 volume set which we recently listed on Ebay. A more worthwhile product to purchase or watch than the current get rich quick schemes available as proceeds of its sale will be used for community needs. The Fast Track Series genuinely assists people to buy and sell on Ebay to make a profit and does not rely on spamming (or scamming) Ebay users.

After perusing the stock of my competitors, I noticed that the majority of the get rich quick listings for sale were based in the USA. The title and sub-title always included "Get Rich in 24 hours" or "Build Weath Overnight" etc etc and the listings included numerous references to holidays and fast cars that a skeptic usually skims over.

After just three watchers in three days with no bids, I subsequently decided to experiment with my listing. I highlighted it, made it bold and changed the sub-title to read "Genuine Australian Fundraiser Auction". While I would have loved to make it a home page featured listing for $49.95, I could not warrant spending that amount of money on promoting a fundraising item. Hopefully the listing changes will make a difference to the final price and the poor will get richer and the rich will get poorer for a change.

0 Comments: